Founder: Late Sant Baba Sucha Singh ji
Present Mukhi (Chief): Sant Baba Amir Singh ji
Gurdwara Gur Gian Parkash, Jawaddi Taksal, Ludhiana is headed by Sant Baba Sucha Singh Ji. He is a saint with religious fervor, always preaching the word of the God.
First of all the Vismaad Naad took upon itself the task of research and upkeep of Sikh heritage. With this objective in view, research in Gurmat Sangeet was initiated. By establishing the Raag Evaluating Committee the forms of the ragas were authenticated. Based on this research, a number of Gurmat Sangeet Workshops were organized in Gurdwara Gur Gian Parkash, Jawaddi Kalan, Ludhiana for imparting training to Raagi Singhs for chanting Gurbani (the divine word) in the approved forms. For this purpose, Gurshabad Sangeet Academy came into existence which took upon itself the onerous task of research, training and dissemination of Gurmat Sangeet to the children and issues diplomas after the successful completion of the course.
Sant Baba Sucha Singh Ji, the founder of Jawaddi Taksal, was born in 1948 A.D. in village Jamiatgarh Bhalle, Distt. Ropar (Punjab).Baba Ji’s father was Bapu Nagina Singh Ji and mother Mata Dhan Kuar Ji. Love for God, recitation of Gurbani, following Sikh way of living and concern for betterment of the Sikh Panth/Qaum was in his blood, inculcated by his God loving parents. Baba Ji’s parents were having unshakable faith in the home of Sri Guru Nanak. Baba Sucha Singh Ji served Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib Wale for some period of time, got blessings from there and following sacred hymn” came to the multicultural Ludhiana city.
Baba Ji selected an earthy village Jawaddi in one corner of the city, having a historical importance, as the Sixth Master, Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji has once visited his disciple Bhai Jawanda’s house in this village. With the motto of spreading the Divine Message of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji among the masses through out the world i.e. for Sarbat Da Bhala, in 1985, Baba Ji established a small center in the name of Gurdwara Gur Gain Parksah, Jawaddi Taksal Ludhiana, popularly known as Jawaddi Taksal which includes number of small concerns such as Gurshabad Sangeet Academy, Vismaad Naad, Sukh Sagar Charitable Dispensary, Guru Hargobind Sahib Library, etc.
Every function/ activity performed here at the Taksal such as holding “Aduti Gurmat Sangeet Samelan” since 1991; organizing national and international level seminars/symposiums/workshops; imparting free training to a large number of students from all sections of the society, different castes, colors and creeds, from all over the world in various aspects like Gurbani Santhya, Kirtan, Katha, Table and Harmonium training (Gurbani/ Gurmat Sangeet) etc. is purely religious work with the single motto of spreading the Divine Message of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, through out the world.
Late Sant Baba Sucha Singh ji founded the Jawaddi Taksal at Gurdwara Gur Gian parkash, Jawaddi Taksal, Ludhiana in 1985 with the main objectives:
- Reading Sudh Gurbani (Correct Pronunciations) in the form of Path Bodh Samagams.
- Katha – Correct meanings and holistic relevance of Gurbani with mankind.
- Kirtan – Reciting of Gurbani in Rag Badh manner with Tanti Saaj in Sudh Ragas.
- Meditation in the form of four Gurmat Naam Abhias Samagams in a year.
- Education Pertaining: Services of Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji in the Darbar Sahib.
- Amrit Sanchar on Every Dasvi in each month.
- Conducting Regular Seminars on different Religions and Social themes.
- Holding regular workshops.
- Publishing proceedings of Samagams, Books formation of CD’s/Pen drive etc for spreading the message to Sikh Sangat.
- Performing kirtan in Sudh Ragas with tanti Saajs
- Conducting yearly Gurmat Sangeet Samelans to recite Gurbani in Sudh Ragas present in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji
- Holding Regular workshops for the Students
- Frequent conduct of Path Bodh Samagams to recite/read Gurbani correctly. (Correct pronunciation)
- Katha Parvachans pertaining correct meanings and holistic relevance of Gurbani with mankind.
- Conducting Regular Seminars pertaining different Religious and Social themes.
- Education pertaining Seminars of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in Darbar Sahib.
- Amrit Sanchar on every Dasvi in each month.
- Meditation in the form of Four Gurmat Naam Abhias Samagams in a year.
- Publishing proceedings of Samagams, Books, and formations of CD’s /Pendrive etc for spreading the message to Sikh Sangat.
- Talented Ustaads/Teachers pertaining Gurmat Sangeet, Tanti Saaj, Sudh Path, Katha etc
- Fully Equipped and functional Gurmat Sangeet Academy.
- VismaadNaad for handling publication, CD’s Pendrive etc
- Library having more than 10,000 books/Granths.
- Sukh Sagar Charitable dispensary.
- Besides Hostels, Langar halls, Darbar Sahib ji, Community hall (shed) etc.